Marine Technical Advisor/Assessor
JOB TITLE: Maritime Technical Advisor/Assessor
Do you have knowledge of inland shipping in Europe and a passion for safety? Then you could be our new colleague! Do you have a career on Barges and/or in an inland shipping EU safety orientated environment? Would you like to have direct responsibility for the quality assurance of Barges or provide Maritime Technical advice in support of the safe operation and transportation of liquid bulk across the European rivers?
Then we are looking for you.
Where you fit in
Shell Shipping and Maritime is Shell's centre of expertise for all kind of shipping and maritime matters. It provides commercial, ship management and technology services for the Shell group, and is responsible for ensuring that all our global maritime activities are safely managed. The overall Shipping and Maritime team consist of diverse nationalities and has an inclusive working environment in which different values and perspectives are valued where Safety is core in everything we do. Our shared core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people underpin all the work we do and are the foundation of our business principles.
The Regional Shipping and Maritime team based in Rotterdam consists of 27 persons covering assurance, technical and operational advice of coastal vessels, Barges (Inland vessels EU) and marine terminals within Europe and Africa.
What’s the role?
The role is part of Shell’s regional Shipping and Maritime team based in Rotterdam and in this role, you will be responsible to support screening of barges offered for all forms of Shell employment or provide advice in support of maritime operational activities.
The role will be based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Role is based on 40 hours per week whereby duty might require activities outside office hours.
What we need from you?
- · In possession of internationally recognized EU Inland Navigation license or Extensive day-to-day experience in Barge (Inland vessels EU) operations or Barge terminal management.
- · Conversant with EU Inland Waterway legislation and Inland Shipping specific Industry standards.
- · Team player with strong communications skills and fluency in English, Dutch and/or German.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
- A rewarding place to work
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
- We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Application can be done via www.shell.com/careers - “Maritime Technical Advisor/Assessor”