Are you a professional with strong knowledge and experience in ship management? As our Fleet Director, you will be in charge of the technical management of owned vessels, which include both containers
A perfect Samskip vessel management strategy
You will ensure Samskip operates a cost-effective fleet of vessels suitable for the expected cargo volumes and composition. You will make sure the environmental, health and safety requirements for the areas in which the vessels operate are met. This means you will also carry out root cause analysis in the event of technical problems. You will stay abreast of developments in the vessel charter market and new build and scrapping programmes (including new techniques and innovations).
You will carry out your role successfully by:
- ensuring fuel efficiency of all vessels and cost-effective, proactive maintenance to minimise vessel downtime, safeguarding Samskip’s investment in owned vessels;
- managing a team of naval experts – ensuring morale is high at all times – and overseeing all crew-related matters such as ensuring the right qualifications are held;
- ensuring timely and cost-effective compliance with all relevant legislation and on-time performance of vessels deployed in liner service;
- proposing new building projects, vessel acquisition targets and technical innovations;
preparing the annual operational expenses budgets, tracking and measuring actual OPEX versus budgeted and taking action to ensure OPEX are in line with the budget and market for similar vessels.
Creatively solving unforeseen challenges
You are a driven, disciplined and determined person with a hands-on approach. Because of your ability to reach decisions effectively and in a timely manner, you are able to deal with complexity – while also cooperating with others across the organisation to achieve the company’s common goals. You have a desire to succeed and are not afraid to show initiative, demonstrating that you are self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
Our ideal Vessel Fleet Director:
- has relevant experience, for example as a naval architect, engineer or marine officer (a nautical background is preferred);
- has knowledge of essential rules and legislation;
- masters the English language, both verbally and in writing;
- brings a wide network in the maritime industry to the table;
is skilful in advanced and innovative ship management.
Working at Samskip
“We don’t just move containers, we move careers forward too.”
Samskip is an ambitious, dynamic and professional organisation. But does this mean we don’t know how to have fun at work? Absolutely not: even though we provide customers with a high-quality service, we know how to make your working day more enjoyable. A mix of genders, cultures and languages help you bring out the best in yourself. In addition, we offer you great career opportunities and the chance to develop your skills.
We offer you:
- A competitive salary package.
- A company car and pension scheme.
- Outstanding training possibilities and development opportunities.
- Personal responsibility, commitment and collaboration.
Great colleagues and benefits that make your life easier.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
Be part of a team that shares a drive to excel in their work and generate results that matter to Samskip. Contribute to the world of transport and apply by clicking on the “Apply” button. We would love to meet you.
Samskip is a global logistics company offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. We focus in particular on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally-friendly transport. With an annual turnover of more than 632 million euros, we are one of the largest transport companies in Europe. We have offices in 24 countries in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia, employing approximately 1,520 employees in total.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Rotterdam, Maintenance, Leadership.
Solliciteer op deze functie